Conor McGregor to hold press conference in Moscow on October 24th
To the surprise of many, Conor McGregor will head to Russia in just two days. The purpose? To hold a press conference in the nations capital; Moscow. The precise reason for this has not been made clear.
“McGregor will meet with reporters on October 24,” according to a press release posted on Russian news outlet TASS.ru. “This is the first such event involving McGregor in Russia. Perhaps he will make statements about his imminent return to the Octagon.”
McGregor is an ambassador for the betting site Parimatch, who are organising the event.
- Conor McGregor risks maximum 6 months in jail for pub incident
- Justin Gaethje & team on Conor McGregor: “He’s scared, the man’s afraid”
- Conor McGregor throws shade at UFC 244 BMF belt
- Conor McGregor calls for Khabib Nurmagomedov rematch in Moscow
- Coach: Georges St-Pierre would only return to face Conor McGregor or Khabib
As of now speculation har run rampant. The decision to hold a press conference this week has occurred just shortly after that The New York Times revealed that McGregor is under investigation for a second case of sexual assault. However, the decision to speak out in Moscow would imply that he is perhaps chasing a rematch with Khabib Nurmagomedov. McGregor recently demanded a rematch against his arch rival in Moscow.
What do you think will be announced during the Moscow press conference?