Justin Gaethje & team on Conor McGregor: “He’s scared, the man’s afraid”
The most elusive lightweight in the world at the moment is undoubtedly Conor McGregor. His name is constantly brought up by fans, the UFC, fighters and pundits. One of those who’s been bringing up his name frequently is Justin Gaethje, who’s torn a swathe through the lightweight ranks with three straight KO wins. After his latest win, in which he finished Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone in the first round, Gaethje expressed a desire to face McGregor.
“If he’s gonna fight I definitely want to fight him,” Gaethje said. “He punched an old man in the face, I want to fuck him up for that.”
- Justin Gaethje calls for title shot vs Nurmagomedov – Ferguson winner
- UFC Vancouver results: Justin Gaethje KNOCKS OUT “Cowboy” – extends UFC record
- Justin Gaethje BLASTS Conor McGregor for title shot comment: “F*** you!”
- Justin Gaethje almost forced to pull out of UFC Vancouver
Now, those sentiments have continued. During an appearance on TMZ alongside his manager Ali Abdelaziz as well as Kamaru Usman and Henry Cejudo, Gaethje let loose.
“He keeps tweeting he’s going to fight. On planet Earth there are two people who could possibly fight him. Me or Dustin Poirier,” Gaethje said. “He’s only fought two times in the lightweight division in his whole career, he’s fought two times, he lost one and won one. He’s ranked No. 3 for some odd reason. He needs to either go away or fight. I think it’s either me or Dustin.”
When asked by the TMZ employees if the UFC and Dana White were working on the bout, Abdelaziz insisted that McGregor wanted no part in it.
“He’s scared, the man’s afraid,” Abdelaziz chimed in.
Gaethje has now knocked out James Vick, Edson Barboza and “Cowboy” – all in the first round. Meanwhile, McGregor has been marred with controversy as of late. On Friday, he will receive sentencing for the infamous pub-incident, in which he sucker punched a 50-year-old man who refused his whiskey. He risks a maximum of six months in prison if prosecuted to the harshest extent of Irish law.
- Conor McGregor throws shade at UFC 244 BMF belt
- Conor McGregor calls for Khabib Nurmagomedov rematch in Moscow
- Coach: Georges St-Pierre would only return to face Conor McGregor or Khabib
Who do you want to see Conor McGregor face in his UFC return?