Conor McGregor risks maximum 6 months in jail for pub incident
Friday, October 11th, this is the date that has been set for Conor McGregor to appear in court for his assault case. Independent.ie were first to report the date. This is as a result of McGregor’s infamous pub incident, in which he assaulted a 50 year-old man for allegedly refusing the Irishman’s whiskey. McGregor surely didn’t thin that incident could land him in jail.
- Conor McGregor throws shade at UFC 244 BMF belt
- Conor McGregor calls for Khabib Nurmagomedov rematch in Moscow
- Coach: Georges St-Pierre would only return to face Conor McGregor or Khabib
- UFC boss: Conor McGregor will NOT get title shot
- Dana White on Conor McGregor scandal: “Get ready for a disaster”
Now McGregor apparently risks a maximum sentence of six months in jail, a fine of 1500 Euros, or both. McGregor’s superstar status makes him receiving maximum jail time unlikely, but it’s certainly cause for concern.
McGregor has admitted wrongdoing since the incident, appearing on ESPN in a lengthy interview with Ariel Helwani.
“I have to realise, that’s not the attitude or behaviour of a leader or martial artist (or) of a champion,” McGregor said. “I must get my head screwed on and just get back in the cage – fight for redemption, retribution, respect. The things that made me the man I am. And that’s what I will do.”
A return to the UFC has been rumoured for McGregor, though legal repercussions may very well hinder his return.