Khamzat Chimaev challenges the Diaz brothers in the best possible way
As he seems to have become accustomed to having more than one bout planned at a time, breakout UFC star Khamzat Chimaev has decided to challenge brothers Nick and Nate Diaz.
Taking to Instagram, Chimaev posted a picture with himself alongside team mates such as Guram Kutateladze, all wearing hats with a marijuana leaf on. The Diaz brothers are well known cannabis users, and are both open and outspoken of their use. Through this they have in some ways become unofficial faces of cannabis activism in MMA.
“Diaz brothers, we are coming for you,” Chimaev wrote. “Where are you!?”
RELATED MMA NEWS
- Video: See rising star Khamzat Chimaev receive his BJJ blue belt!
- Khamzat Chimaev vs Kamaru Usman? UFC boss says “Maybe”
- Khamzat Chimaev claims he flew to Ireland to “beat up” Conor McGregor
- Dillon Danis throws shade at Khamzat Chimaev – Backfires spectacularly
- Khamzat Chimaev continues to troll Conor McGregor: “Call your uncle Dana”
- Khamzat Chimaev on fight with”Cowboy” Cerrone: “Easy fight, easy win”
Chimaev is one of the UFC’s biggest breakout stars of 2020. So far he has lined up three straight wins, all via dominant finish. What is perhaps more impressive is that he has only absorbed two strikes in three UFC bouts. In his most recent outing he faced experienced middleweight Gerald Meerschaert. Despite the apparent challenge, Chimaev required only 17 seconds to knockout Meerschaert out.
Nick Diaz has not fought since January 2015, despite teasing a return on multiple occasions. Nate Diaz, however, was involved in the main event at UFC 244, one of the biggest MMA events of last year. He would end up losing a somewhat controversial TKO via doctor stoppage to Jorge Masvidal in the main event.