Yair Rodriguez vs Jeremy Stephens: Betting tips
Whether you’re fan of lower weight classes or not, you shouldn’t miss the main event of the UFC Mexico City card. The epic clash between excellent Yair Rodriguez and powerful Jeremy Stephens should entertain everyone who enjoys striking technique… and violence. If you’re also fan of betting, you might consider putting small amount on one fighter.
UFC on ESPN+ 17: Yair Rodriguez vs Jeremy Stephens
I believe this bout will be really exciting. Over the last few fights Yair Rodriguez has shown extraordinary striking technique, like flying kicks, counter-elbows and some spinning shit – and he’s really good at doing that. Proven by the fact that he knocked Chan Sun Jung out in the last second of their 25-minute fight. Despite taking previous fight on the short notice, Rodriguez showed that he has cardio to keep fighting at high pace.
Obviously, The Korean Zombie had boxing advantage, but Rodriguez wasn’t far behind him. Rodriguez has quick and unpredictable hands, but I’m almost sure he will try to keep the fight in kickboxing range, where his speed advantage will cause Stephens some trouble. The question is: Can Stephens close the distance and hurt his opponent?
Stephens is a true veteran, who’s fighting for many years, but he still got the hunger to compete at the highest level. He was always known of his devastating one punch knockout power, but in recent fights he’s added deadly low/calf kicks to his arsenal. Stephens keeps pressuring his opponents, and I believe his aggression – along with leg kicks – will deprive Rodriguez of his biggest advantage, which comes from unpredictable kicks. Stephens pace should also tire his opponent out, and he should have the cardio advantage here. The last thing that plays a big factor in Stephens favour is the fact he started training with Tony Ferguson. Who else can mimic Yair’s spinning shit if not “El Cucuy”?
- Video: Top 5 One Round Fights
- Mark Madsen bought one-way ticket to Vegas: “I’d be back with a signed UFC contract”
- Conor McGregor agrees to fight Irish boxing champion
Have no doubts, Rodriguez is a truly dangerous striker, and Stephens can’t underestimate his power. In fact, both fighters might put each other to sleep in a split second. I think Rodriguez will have the early advantage, but sooner or later, Stephens will take over. His power should overcome Rodriguez’ speed and lead to a heavy knockout in late rounds.
I’m not crazy about 1.90 odds, but 2.10 on double chance – Stephens by KO or decision sounds interesting to me. I’m in.
Article written by Maciej Grochowski
- Any fighter to win by KO – 1.57
- Any fighter to win by submission – 9.00
- Any fighter to win by unanimous decision – 3.00
- Any fighter to win by split/majority decision – 7.50
- Jeremy Stephens to win by unanimous decision – 7.00
- Yair Rodriguez to win by unanimous decision – 4.50
- Jeremy Stephens to win by split/majority decision – 15.00
- Yair Rodriguez to win by split/majority decision – 12.00
- Jeremy Stephens to win by KO/TKO/decision – 2.10
- Jeremy Stephens to win by submission/decision – 5.00
- Yair Rodriguez to win by KO/TKO/decision – 2.30
- Yair Rodriguez to win by submission/decision – 3.20