UFC fans react to Darren Till’s grotesque injury: “Man is never gonna fight”
British UFC star Darren Till is currently busy preparing for his long awaited comeback at UFC 282 on December 10, but a grotesque eye injury has left fans worried that he might pull out of the scheduled bout.
If everything goes to plan, “The Gorilla” Till will take on South African Dricus du Plessis at UFC 282. With only one win in his last five outings, as well as two straight losses, Till is in desperate need of a win in his next fight. Frequent injuries have prevented him from competing since his loss by submission to Derek Brunson. If Till makes it to UFC 282 healthy, the fight against du Plessis will be his first in over a year.
Following a shoulder injury, Till was forced to pull out of an anticipated showdown against Jack Hermansson at UFC London in July. His previous history of being forced to pull out of fights might explain fans’ reactions to the graphic pictures Till recently shared of a nasty eye injury he suffered in Thailand.
Nasty looking eye injury for Darren Till.😬 pic.twitter.com/WK5FfF42qW
— The MMA Media (@The_MMA_Media) October 30, 2022
A majority of fans in the comment section seemed to think that the injury could result in yet another cancelled fight for “The Gorilla.”
— Hektic_One (@hektic_one) October 30, 2022
- UFC legend GSP hints at potential comeback: “I’m glad I’m free”
- Joe Rogan Questions O’Malley’s Win at UFC 280: “How Valuable are Those Takedowns?”
- Former UFC Champ Bisping: Oliveira could replace Khabib as lightweight GOAT!
UFC 282 Prochazka vs. Teixeira 2 – Preliminary fight card
UFC 282 will be the promotion’s last event of the year with several exciting stars and big names on display.
Light heavyweight legend Alexander Gustafsson takes on fellow veteran Ovince Saint Preux.
Paddy Pimblett returns to the octagon for his fourth bout with the promotion when he challenges Jared Gordon.
Check out the entire lineup down below.
- Light heavyweight: Jiri Prochazka (c) vs. Glover Teixeira 2
- Light heavyweight: Jan Blachowicz vs. Magomed Ankalaev
- Lightweight: Paddy Pimblett vs. Jared Gordon
- Welterweight: Robbie Lawler vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio
- Light heavyweight: Alexander Gustafsson vs. Ovince Saint Preux
- Middleweight: Darren Till vs. Dricus du Plessis
- Middleweight: Edmen Shahbazyan vs. Dalcha Lungiambula
- Heavyweight: Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs. Chris Daukaus
- Lightweight: Billy Quarantillo vs. Alexander Hernandez
- Featherweight: T.J. Brown vs. Erik Silva
- Middleweight: Chris Curtis vs. Joaquin Buckley
- Bantamweight: Ronnie Lawrence vs. Cameron Saaiman
- Flyweight: Vinicius Salvador vs. Daniel da Silva