UFC Brasilia results: Charles Oliveira wins 7th straight – Kevin Lee devastated
The UFC returned to Brazil this weekend, for what became the first UFC show to occur without an audience. This was due to the local government banning public gatherings, forcing the event to go down behind closed doors. It was a strange set up, but the fights continued and now the full results for UFC Brasilia are in.
Lightweights Kevin Lee and Charles Oliveira threw down in the main event, in which the winner could cement himself in the upper echelon of the division. Lee tried to make use of his wrestling base, but was constantly under attack as Oliveira used his strong submission game to threaten from the bottom. While Lee did have some success at the end of the second round, he was forced into a desperation takedown in the third which led to his Brazilian opponent slapping on a guillotine, ending the fight.
Other news stories:
- UFC Brasilia weigh in results: Kevin Lee misses weight for main event
- Video: YouTuber Logan Paul gets knocked out COLD – by UFC fighter Paulo Costa
- Khabib Nurmagomedov gives unexpected support to rival Tony Ferguson
- Tragedy strikes – Floyd Mayweather’s ex, and mother to 3 children, found dead
Lee was devastated after the fight, saying it may be years before he returns.
“I think lightweight’s still my home. I’ve just got to fine tune some things. But I’m going to take a long time,” Lee explained, via MMA fighting. “I kind of rushed into this fight. It will probably be a good minute before y’all see me again.
“I think I’ve got to evaluate some things. I feel like my camp was great. My coaches told me all the right things to do. I abandoned it. It’s all on me on this one. It’s going to be maybe a few years or so.”
Gilbert Burns scored one of the biggest wins of his career, knocking out veteran countryman and former title challenger Demian Maia in the very first round. Renato Moicano made a successful debut at lightweight, submitting Damir Hadzovic via first round rear-naked choke, and Nikita Krylov spoiler Johnny Walker’s return, winning a unanimous decision after full time. The full results for UFC Brasilia can be found below.
UFC Brasilia results
- Charles Oliveira def. Kevin Lee via submission (guillotine choke) — Round 3, 0:28
- Gilbert Burns def. Demian Maia via KO (punches) — Round 1, 2:34
- Renato Moicano def. Damir Hadzovic via submission (rear-naked choke) — Round 1, 0:44
- Nikita Krylov def. Johnny Walker via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Francisco Trinaldo def. John Makdessi via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Brandon Moreno def. Jussier Formiga via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Amanda Ribas def. Randa Markos via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-25, 30-25)
- Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos def. Aleksei Kunchenko via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Rani Yahya vs. Enrique Barzola ruled a majority draw (28-29, 28-28, 28-28)
- Maryna Moroz def. Mayra Bueno Silva via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- David Dvorak def. Bruno Silva via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Bea Malecki def. Veronica Macedo via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)