UFC 250 results: Amanda Nunes dominates, Cody Garbrandt returns in style
Another UFC pay-per-view is now behind us, and it was an event that certainly delivered excitement – the full results from UFC 250 are in now.
The event was headlined by Amanda Nunes defending her featherweight title against surging Canadian Felicia Spencer. On paper Spencer presented interesting challenges for the champion, but would mostly go on to show her heart. In the first round Nunes established a clear dominance in the stand up, forcing defensive clinches and takedown attempts from the challenger.
Nunes continues to batter a weary Spencer, who admittedly fought her heart out, but who was also clearly outmatched. The bout continued int he same vain for the full five rounds, with Nunes eventually winning a lop-sided decision.
More MMA news:
- BREAKING: Location of UFC Fight Island leaked
- Jose Aldo to face Petr Yan for vacant bantamweight title
- Dana White offers to take lie detector test with Jon Jones
- Fans in outrage after Deontay Wilder disrespects Mike Tyson
- Anderson Silva challenges Conor McGregor to super fight
“I wasn’t surprised. I know she was tough,” Nunes said in a nod to her opponent’s toughness. “I knew what she was capable of.”
Nunes has now defended both her bantam- and featherweight titles and has established herself as the greatest female MMA fighter of all time, with wins over all former UFC champions in those two divisions.
Former male bantamweight champion Cody Garbrandt faces Raphael Assuncao in the co-main event. It was a “do or die” fight for Garbrandt, who entered the bout on the tail of three straight KO losses. The first round was a tactical affair, with both fighters measuring distance and finding their rhythm. Garbrandt connected with a hard shot in the second, which was the beginning of the end, as he landed a haymaker at the end of the second round, sealing victory.
Aljamain Sterling made short work of rising star Cory Sandhagen, and Sean O’Malley viciously KO’d Eddie Wineland in other intriguing bantamweight bouts.
UFC 250 full results
- Amanda Nunes def. Felicia Spencer via unanimous decision (50-44, 50-44, 50-45)
- Cody Garbrandt def. Raphael Assuncao via knockout (punch) – Round 2, 4:59
- Aljamain Sterling def. Cory Sandhagen via submission (rear-naked choke) — Round 1, 1:28
- Neil Magny def. Anthony Rocco Martin via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Sean O’Malley def. Eddie Wineland via KO (punch) — Round 1, 1:54
- Alex Caceres def. Chase Hooper via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Ian Heinisch def. Gerald Meerschaert via TKO (punches) — Round 1, 1:14
- Cody Stamann def. Brian Kelleher via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Maki Pitolo def. Charles Byrd via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 1:10
- Alex Perez def. Jussier Formiga via TKO (leg kicks) – Round 1, 4:06
- Devin Clark def. Alonzo Menifield via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Herbert Burns def. Evan Dunham via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 1:20