UFC 248 salaries: Zhang Weili and Joanna Jedrzejczyk make embarrassingly little
The strawweight title fight between Zhang Weili and Joanna Jedrzejczyk stole the show at UFC 248. Many have hailed it as the best women’s MMA fight ever, with others simply halling it one of the best MMA bouts ever. It was a testament to heart and skill, as both battled through tough instances in the fight, with the momentum swinging back and forth. Despite their bout being an instant classic, they were hardly compensated to the same extent as their male colleagues on the card, now the the salaries for UFC 248 have been revealed.
Other news stories:
- Manny Pacquiao signs with Conor McGregor’s management
- Dana White: “I don’t give a sh*t” – If he loses UFC fans due to friendship with Trump
- “Swedish BMF title” handed out after vicious first round KO
- Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder 3 booked – Date revealed!
Obtained by MMA Junkie, the salaries show that Zhang and Jedrzejczyk made a combined 306,000, including the former’s win bonus. This can be compared to Yoel Romero who made $350,000 flat. Both Zhang and Israel Adesanya made their first title defences, but the compensation was drastically different. The total UFC payout for the event was $2.086 million.
It is important to take into account, however, that these salaries don’t include UFC Performance Bonuses, locker room bonuses, sponsorship pay or pay-per-view cuts. These amounts also don’t include deductions for insurance, taxes or licensing, though. The full UFC 248 salaries can be found below.
UFC 248 salaries
- Israel Adesanya: $500,000 (no win bonus) def. Yoel Romero: $350,000
- Zhang Weili: $200,000 (includes $100,000 win bonus) def. Joanna Jedrzejczyk: $106,000
- Beneil Dariush: $140,000 (includes $70,000 win bonus) def. Drakkar Klose: $40,000
- Neil Magny: $152,000 (includes $76,000 win bonus) def. Li Jingliang: $64,000
- Alex Oliveira: $128,000 (includes $64,000 win bonus) def. Max Griffin: $35,000
- Sean O’Malley: $70,000 (includes $35,000 win bonus) def. Jose Quinonez: $33,000
- Mark Madsen: $66,000 (includes $33,000 win bonus) def. Austin Hubbard: $12,000
- Rodolfo Vieira: $28,000 (includes $14,000 win bonus) def. Saparbek Safarov: $22,000
- Gerald Meerschaert: $60,000 (includes $30,000 win bonus) def. Deron Winn: $12,000
- Giga Chikadze: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus) def. Jamall Emmers: $10,000
- Danaa Batgerel: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus) def. Guido Cannetti: $14,000