NYPD Seek to Question Conor McGregor Over Possible ‘Assault’ But No Arrest Warrant Issued

The New York police are seeking to question Conor McGregor about his possible role in an 'assult' but no arrest warrant has been issued at this time.

Conor McGregor is being sought for questioning by the New York Police Department after a melee broke out at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn on Thursday.

According to representatives from the New York Police Department, they are seeking to speak to McGregor over the incident and an alleged ‘assault’ but at this time there has been no warrant issued for his arrest.

Numerous videos have surfaced that showed McGregor attacking a bus containing several UFC fighters including lightweight contender Khabib Nurmagomedov, who was reportedly the person he was targeting during his tirade. Nurmagomedov was involved in a separate incident with McGregor’s teammate Artem Lobov earlier this week.

Lobov has been pulled from UFC 223 due to his involvement in the melee.

McGregor threw a dolly at the bus, shattering a window that sent glass flying at several fighters including Michael Chiesa, who suffered several cuts on his face as a result. Another chair was thrown at the bus by a member of McGregor’s entourage as security and UFC officials attempted to break up the incident.

After the altercation occurred, UFC president Dana White said that an arrest warrant had been issued for McGregor but the New York Police Department stated that is not true.

It’s entirely possible that McGregor could be placed under arrest at a later date if charges are pressed over the incident but at this time the UFC lightweight champion is just being sought for questioning in the incident.

White described what unfolded during a statement made to the media on Thursday.

“What happened here today is Conor and approximately 20 guys were let in through the doors by the MacLife guys, who were credentialed here. They opened the doors for them, through an entrance, they stormed the building, got down to the loading docks where the fighters were getting onto the buses and started to attack the buses. Throwing trash cans and dollies and things like that. Broke one of the windows and cut Michael Chiesa really bad. He cut his head, he cut his face. Rose Namajunas apparently was almost hit, she’s super upset right now and basically left and walked back to the hotel. Hurt one of our employees, broke one of our employees’ knuckles and other injuries,” White said. “Obviously everybody’s shaken up when 30 thug storm [an arena]. These guys are all cutting weight and getting ready for a fight.

“This is the most disgusting thing that has every happened in the history of the company.”

Ohmbet.com has the best UFC odds and live props for MMA - use promo code "MMAnyttcom" to double up your deposit - click here
Conor McGregorExclusivez-Latest news

Damon Martin is a veteran mixed martial arts journalist who has been covering the industry since 2003 with bylines on FOX Sports, CNN, Bleacher Report and numerous other outlets.
Vote

Who wins UFC 232 main event rematch?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...