Israel Adesanya boasts – Conor McGregor style: “I’m about to do the same”
UFC Middleweight Champion Israel Adesanya is getting ready for his first title defense, and he is drawing inspiration from Conor McGregor.
At UFC 248 on March 7, “The Last Stylebender” will face #3 ranked Yoel Romero in an anticipated fight between two of the hottest names in the organization.
UFC President Dana White has revealed that they have had a hard time matching “The Solider of God” Romero against anyone, but Adesanya feels confident that he has what it takes to take out the 42-year-old Cuban.
Much like MMA royalty “The Notorious” McGregor, Adesanya has made sure he walks the path less traveled.
The middleweight champion Adesanya paid close attention when McGregor made his return to the octagon on 18 Jan, and finished UFC veteran Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone in just 40 seconds.
“That was tight,” Adesanya said after McGregor’s performance
Adesanya is well on his way of reaching UFC stardom and watching McGregor wreck havoc in the octagon, Adesanya couldn’t help but to boast about his own future.
“[Conor McGregor] brought a lot of attention to our game, at a time when it needed it, and now I’m about to do the same.” Adesanya said.
Is he referring to a future double champion status, and do you think Adesanya will reach McGregor status in UFC?
With a win over Romero and the brewing animosity between him and UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones, he could be on the same path as “The Notorious.”
Check out Adesanya’s reaction to McGregor’s win:
Related to Israel Adesanya and Conor McGregor
- Israel Adesanya goes on an epic rant: rips into “drug cheat” Jon Jones
- Jon Jones on Israel Adesanya: “I’m probably going to break his shoulder”
- Nate Diaz NOT impressed by Conor McGregor’s comeback win over “Cowboy”
- PARTY TIME! See Conor McGregor cut loose at his after party!
- “Cowboy” Cerrone gets lengthy suspension following loss to McGregor
- Conor McGregor praises Donald Trump – Gets ROASTED on Twitter!