Crazed fan attacked Mike Tyson after boxing event
It would take a great deal of courage in order to step into the ring with Mike Tyson, though one over-zealous fan took it a step further and attacked the boxing great this weekend.
It was after the Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr boxing bout, which ended in a draw, that the altercation took place. According to TMZ Tyson left the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California following the fight, in order to greet some fans. One fan approached Tyson, asking why the famed boxer wouldn’t accept a fight with him. Per TMZ’s sources Tyson joked that the fan wouldn’t last long, prompting the latter to swing at the former world heavyweight champ. The fan allegedly also reached into his waistband, as if to grab a weapon, though Tyson’s personal security got in the way. The crazed fan then took off before police arrived.
Related Mike Tyson & MMA News
- Mike Tyson addresses rape sentence: “I did not violate that woman”
- Jon Jones calls out Mike Tyson for fight – On one condition
- UFC boss Dana White pleads for Mike Tyson not to fight: “Please don’t…”
- Conor McGregor makes Mike Tyson an unexpected promise
- Mike Tyson reveals secret behind monstrous physique
- 53 year old Mike Tyson shows off SCARY punching power in new video!
According to the reports Tyson’s team recognised the fan, who had supposedly been aggressive at a previous fan signing. Nobody was hurt in the altercation, though chances are that the fan would have ended up in substantially worse shape than Tyson should anything have become violent.