Woodley Claims McGregor Refuses To Fight On PPV Cards With Other PPV Grossing Champions

UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley has made the startling claim about Conor McGregor.

Tyron Woodley made the startling claim earlier this week that UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor has made it clear to the UFC that he no longer wishes to fight on pay-per-view cards alongside other champions who benefit from pay-per-view points so no to ‘feed them’.

The UFC welterweight champion made the claim during a discussion on MMAJunkie Radio yesterday. Chris Taylor of BJPenn.com also hinted that he’d had a similar conversation with Woodley last night on social media.

“You know, at this point I’m actually going to have go and have the surgery done on my shoulder,” Woodley said. “It will take me a little bit of time to get back and when I do that I’m going to shoot for maybe March or April. I hear that Conor may be trying to fight March and I guess he runs the show now, he tells everybody what to do.

“So I hear, that if he’s on the card he doesn’t want any pay-per-view grossing fighters on the card with him, because he doesn’t want to feed us anymore, which I can respect. The dude is the draw man. We can say what we want, but he’s the draw, he’s that dude right now.”

With that said, Woodley is still looking at a return in early 2018 after getting the surgery to fix the Labrum tear he suffered against Demian Maia at UFC 214.

“Probably March or April, May at latest,” Woodley said. “I do want to get three fights in a year and I was hoping to finish out this year with Dec. 30. I feel like Nate Diaz took that from me. You know, he’s not undefeated. It’s not like he didn’t lose his last fight. So for him, to be able to fight for a world title and make millions of dollars to fight me after he took a loss, jumping the line, you know, I feel like he kind of took that from me.”

Comments

comments

Conor McGregorTyron Woodleyufcz-Latest news