Video: Conor McGregor allegedly punches older man in bar over Proper 12 whiskey
Conor McGregor is no stranger to controversy, from brash statements to physical assault. Now he’s in hot water once again after video has emerged showing the Irishman allegedly throwing a punch at an elderly bar patron. The video is from an incident which occurred in April of this year.
- Conor McGregor-Jose Aldo rematch rumoured for Madison Square Garden
- UFC boss: Conor McGregor will NOT get title shot
- Conor McGregor Settles Phone Smashing Lawsuit Ahead of Criminal Case
- Floyd Mayweather: “The best MMA fighter in the world…” – NOT McGregor
- Dana White waiting for UFC 241 & UFC 242 before booking Conor McGregor
According to reports from TMZ, who also released the video, the assault occurred as a result of an elderly bar patron declining McGregors offer to drink the former UFC champions own brand of whiskey. In the video McGregor can be seen pouring what is deemed to be his Proper 12 Whiskey to patrons at the bar, but when one man declines, he gets receives a punch in the face. McGregor is then dragged out of the bar by two other patrons.
According to the UFC, Dublin police investigated the incident, but no charges have been pressed.
No stranger to controversy
Unfortunately McGregor’s name hasn’t been in headlines to due fight news. He hasn’t fought since October of last year when he was submitted by arch rival Khabib Nurmagomedov in the main event of UFC 229. From the infamous bus attack during the UFC 223 media day to him assaulting a Belltor official, McGregor has quickly become one of the most controversial fighters in the modern era of the UFC.