UFC on ESPN 15 results: Frankie Edgar beats Pedro Munhoz via close decision
UFC on ESPN 15 took place this weekend in Las Vegas, with former lightweight champion Frankie Edgar making his debut at bantamweight – Now the full results are in.
Edgar faced divisional staple Pedro Munhoz, who most recently knocked out Cody Garbrandt in his latest outing. It was a close fight, with Munhoz going for harder shots while Edgar focused on putting together combinations. Both fighters had success throughout the fight, but neither managed to land a fight-ending strike. After five closely contested rounds, Edgar was awarded the win via split decision.
OTHER MMA NEWS:
- Gina Carano breaks the internet – With now-deleted nude pictures!
- You won’t believe how these UFC stars looked when young!
- Mike Perry SLAMS “skinny, weak little f**k” Nate Diaz
- Nate Diaz fires shots at Conor McGregor: “What happened…”
- TRT Vitor Belfort back? See the UFC legend’s crazy transformation!
“It’s good to be on the winning side. That was a hell of a fight – Pedro’s a stud,” Edgar said after the fight. “I heard a lot of MFers barking that I’m old, I’m slow. I definitely should have proved them all wrong. I’ve still got some fight in this tank, baby, and we’re going to make a big run at (1)35. He was (ranked) No. 5, and that might put me right in the top five. Three weight classes, I’ve showed I can compete with the best at 38 years old. I don’t want to hear nothing from anybody.”
The co-main event saw Mike Rodriguez score a first round knockout over Poland’s Marcin Prachnio. In additional bouts, Joe Solecki tapped out Austin Hubbard, and Shana Dobson upset Mariya Agapova, winning via TKO.
UFC on ESPN 15: Frankie Edgar vs Pedro Munhoz – Full results
- Frankie Edgar def. Pedro Munhoz via split decision (48-47, 46-49, 48-47)
- Mike Rodriguez def. Marcin Prachnio via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 2:17
- Joe Solecki def. Austin Hubbard via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 3:51
- Shana Dobson def. Mariya Agapova via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 1:38
- Daniel Rodriguez def. Dwight Grant via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 2:24
- Amanda Lemos def. Mizuki Inoue via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Jordan Wright def. Ike Villanueva via TKO (doctor’s stoppage) – Round 1, 1:31
- Matthew Semelsberger def. Carlton Minus via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 29-28)
- Trevin Jones def. Timur Valiev via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 1:59