UFC on ESPN 11 results: Curtis Blaydes overwhelms Alexander Volkov
The UFC continues to be the only major sporting league in operation, and delivered an exciting night of fights once again. UFC on ESPN 11 took place at the UFC Apex Center tonight, now the full results are in for the event.
The headlining fight saw heavyweights Curtis Blaydes and Alexander Volkov battle it out in a classic bout pitting the United States against Russia. The winner would unquestionably be closer to the title, though things were not quite guaranteed in this case.
Other MMA News
- Nate Diaz roasted by other fighters – After title fight rant
- San Antonio mass shooter claims to be UFC fighter – Dana White speaks out
- Daniel Cormier responds to Jorge Masvidal: “All I’m saying is…”
- Khabib takes aim at Conor McGregor in new diss: “For the fans”
- Tito Ortiz vows to star career as cop to: “Bring respect back to officers”
Blaydes dominated the fight, showcasing his top-notch wrestling in a strong performance that lacked the flash and finish that would have been required to secure a title shot. While Blaydes won on every judges scorecard, it was a measured, tactical approach that certainly didn’t put the bout into “Fight of the Night” contention. After the bout UFC president Dana White spoke out on Blaydes’ performance and demeanour.
“Yeah, he won. He talked a lot of sh** coming in this week. I don’t think you talk the sh** he talked this week and come in and perform like that. Talking about rag-dolling people, and he’s not getting paid, and yada yada, he should be getting the title shot. He gassed out at the end of the third round, made it to the fifth and won the fight. Yeah, he won.”
Featherweights Josh Emmett and Shane Burgos met int he co-main event that stole the show. Burgos set an intense pace in the opening stanza, and while the first two rounds were close, Emmett sealed the deal by securing the third round.
Former title contender Raquell Pennington returned to the win column with a victory over Marion Reneau, and veteran Jim Miller tapped out Rosevelt Roberts, putting a stop to the latter’s hype train.
UFC on ESPN 11 full results
- Curtis Blaydes def. Alexander Volkov via unanimous decision (49-46, 48-47, 49-46)
- Josh Emmett def. Shane Burgos via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-27)
- Raquel Pennington def. Marion Reneau via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Belala Muhammad def. Lyman Good via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Jim Miller def. Roosevelt Roberts via submission (armbar) — Round 1, 2:25
- Bobby Green def. Clay Guida via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Tecia Torres def. Brianna Van Buren via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Marc-Andre Barriault def. Oskar Piechota via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 4:50
- Gillian Robertson def. Cortney Casey via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 3, 4:32
- Justin Jaynes def. Frank Camacho via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 0:41
- Lauren Murphy def. Roxanne Modafferi via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Austin Hubbard def. Max Rohskopf via TKO (doctor stoppage) – Round 2, 5:00
UFC on ESPN 11 bonuses:
- Fight of the Night: Josh Emmett vs. Shane Burgos
- Performance of the Night: Jim Miller and Justin Jaynes