UFC Boston results: Dominick Reyes KO’s Chris Weidman, Greg Hardy bout ruled No Contest
Dominick Reyes passed his, on paper, toughest test with flying colours. The main event at UFC Boston saw former middleweight champion Chris Weidman move up to light heavyweight for a showdown with Reyes. The fight didn’t last long, with Reyes landing a hard shot while backing up. Weidman was floored, and Reyes followed up with a few quick but devastating shots that ended the fight.
Afterwards Reyes called out light heavyweight champ Jon Jones.
“Hey, Jon, I don’t want any party favours, man. I want that belt,” Reyes said after the fight. “Let’s go.”
The co-main event aw featherweights Yair Rodriguez and Jeremy Stephens collide following their controversial first fight. Rodriguez striking proved to be too much for Stephens, who was floored by a body kick. Rodriguez picked up a unanimous decision win with 29-28 across the board.
In other controversy; Greg Hardy also fought last night. While he initially defeated Ben Sosoli via decision, the result was quickly overturned for Hardy using an inhaler between rounds two and three. He now has a 2-1, 1 NC record in the UFC. The complete results for UFC Boston can be found below.
UFC Boston full results
- Dominick Reyes def. Chris Weidman via TKO (punches) — Round 1, 1:43
- Yair Rodriguez def. Jeremy Stephens via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Greg Hardy def. Ben Sosoli via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Joe Lauzon def. Jonathan Pearce via TKO (punches) — Round 1, 1:33
- Maycee Barber def. Gillian Robertson via TKO (punches and elbows — Round 1, 3:04
- Darren Stewart def. Deron Winn via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Charles Rosa def. Manny Bermudez via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 2:46
- Molly McCann def. Diana Belbita via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-26)
- Sean Woodson def. Kyle Bochniak via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)
- Brendan Allen def. Kevin Holland via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 3:38
- Sean Brady def. Court McGee via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Randy Costa def. Boston Salmon by TKO (punches) – Round 1, 2:15
- Tanner Boser def. Daniel Spitz via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)