UFC 247 results: Jon Jones wins controversial decision over Dominick Reyes
UFC 247 went down in Houston, Texas, and yet again the city hosted a light heavyweight title fight – now the ful results are in. Light heavyweight champ Jon Jones defended his title against undefeated phenom Dominick Reyes. Depending on how you scored the fight, Reyes might have still been undefeated. While the judges awarded Jones the win, it was closely contested. Reyes pressured the champion early, landing hard shots in the first two rounds. The third round was the closest, with Jones slowly turning the tide in the fourth. In the end, with judges score 48-47, 48-47,49-46, Jones remains champion. The result did not come without some fans feeling tat Jones got off lucky, and that Reyes deserved the nod.
- Jon Jones BLASTS Dominick Reyes for strange comment: “Dumbest thing I’ve heard…”
- Jon Jones on Israel Adesanya: “I’m probably going to break his shoulder”
- Israel Adesanya goes on an epic rant – rips into “drug cheat” Jon Jones
The women’s flyweight title was on the line in the co-main event, as Valentina Shevchenko defended her title against #1 ranked Katlyn Chookagian. The challenger may have taken her opponent too likely, already speaking about different fights as champion. Things decidedly did not go in Chookagian’s favour, who was on the receiving end of a third round TKO.
Heavyweight Justin Tafa finished Juan Adams with a first round TKO, while Dan Ige defeated Mirsad Bektic via split decision. Former light heavyweight contender Ilir Latifi moved up to heavyweight, meeting hometown hero Derrick Lewis. In the end though, Lewis won a clear-cut unanimous decision. The full results for UFC 247 can be found below.
UFC 247: Jones vs. Reyes – Full results
- Championship bout light heavyweight: (c) Jon Jones defeats Dominick Reyes via unanimous decision (48-47, 48-47,49-46)
- Championship bout flyweight (women): (c) Valentina Shevchenko defeats Katlyn Chookagian via TKO (punches), round 3
- Heavyweight: Justin Tafa defeats Juan Adams via knockout (punches), round 1, 1:59
- Featherweight: Dan Ige defeats Mirsad Bektic via split decision (29-28 x2, 28-29)
- Heavyweight: Derrick Lewis defeats Ilir Latifi via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Middleweight: Trevin Giles defeats James Krause via split decision (29-28, 29-28, 28-29)
- Flyweight (women): Lauren Murphy defeats Andrea Lee via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 28-29)
- Welterweight: Khaos Williams defeats Alex Morono via knockout (punches), round 1, 0:27
- Bantamweight: Mario Bautista defeats Miles Johns via TKO (knees and strikes), round 2, 1:41
- Bantamweight: Journey Newson defeats Domingo Pilarte via TKO (punches), round 1, 0:38
- Bantamweight: Andre Ewell defeats Jonathan Martinez via split decision (30-27, 29-28, 28-29)
- Featherweight: Youssef Zalal defeats Austin Lingo via unanimous decision (30-27 x3)