See Jorge Masvidal and Nate Diaz face off for the first time
The press conference for UFC 244 took place tonight, ahead of one of the most fan-friendly main events ever constructed. The headliner will see Jorge Masvidal and Nate Diaz face off in a much anticipated show down between fan favourites. Despite the two often getting into heated rivalries, they share a lot of mutual respect for one another, and there was no trash talk at the press conference.
- Georges St-Pierre gives high praise to “amazing” Nate Diaz
- Conor McGregor teases return fight with Nate Diaz: “No b*tch talk. Just real sh*t.”
- Nate Diaz vs Jorge Masvidal to headline UFC 244 in NYC
- Odds released for Jorge Masvidal vs Nate Diaz
- Jorge Masvidal puts “b*tch” Colby Covington on notice: “I’ll be at the gym”
Masvidal and Diaz took part in the pre-fight press conference in the video above.
Who walks away as the BMF!? ?
— UFC (@ufc) September 19, 2019
Masvidal enters the fight with a two fight winning streak, both knockouts of Darren Till and Ben Askren. Those two victories have catapulted him to super stardom, and his stock in the UFC has risen tremendously. Diaz returned after a three year hiatus, taking on former champion Anthony Pettis. Diaz out on a very strong performance over the coarse of three rounds, winning a unanimous decision. Afterwards he called out Masvidal in an interview that led to this seminal main event.