Report: UFC targeting Frankie Edgar vs Aljamain Sterling for Madison Square Garden
The UFC is set to return to Madison Square Garden in New York City on November second with UFC 244. As of now there are interesting match ups announced but the consensus biggest name now seems to be joining the fight card. According to reports from ESPN’s Ariel Helwani, the UFC is planning on booking Frankie Edgar’s bantamweight debut at UFC 244 – against Aljamain Sterling.
- UFC boss: Conor McGregor will NOT get title shot
- Dana White on Conor McGregor scandal: “Get ready for a disaster”
- Floyd Mayweather: “The best MMA fighter in the world…” – NOT McGregor
- Dana White waiting for UFC 241 & UFC 242 before booking Conor McGregor
Former lightweight champ Frankie Edgar is coming off of a loss to featherweight champion Max Holloway. The decision loss to Holloway was Edgar’s third failed bid to capture the UFC featherweight title. He currently sits at a 3-2 record in his last five outings, including wins over Cub Swanson and Jeremy Stephens.
Aljamain Sterling currently sits an an impressive four fight winning streak since a brutal knockout loss to Marlon Moraes in December of last year. In his ongoing win streak he has submitted Cody Stamman, and won decisions over Jimmie Rivera and Pedro Munhoz.
UFC 244 preliminary fight card
- Heavyweight: Derrick Lewis vs Blagoi Ivanov
- Johnny Walker vs Corey Anderson
- Frankie Edgar vs Aljamain Sterling*
*Not officially announcedPlace your bets on UFC/MMA with Ohmbet - #1 Sportsbook for UFC and MMA betting