PFL 2019, week 4 results: over 50% first round finishes!
The 2019 season of PFL is ongoing and the fourth weeks event took place tonight New Jersey. As has usually been the case the promotions point and bracket system encouraged quick finishes – of which there were many. Six out of eight bouts were finished, five of the min the very first round. The brackets are new decided for the welterweight and women’s lightweight tournaments.
In the main event Russian standout Magomed Magomedkerimov, the winner of the 2018 season, stayed unbeaten in the PFL by comfortably getting past American Chris Curtis via a clear-cut decision.
Harrison stays perfect with another finish
Former Judo-practitioner and rising star Kayla Harrison stayed unbeaten in her professional career after submitting Morgan Frier via first round submission.
Knockout artist Ray Cooper III got a taste of his own medicine facing off with UFC veteran John Howard, as the former was brutally knocked out in the first round.
David Michaud also rebounded from a first round TKO loss in his last outing to dish out the same result against Handesson Ferreira, and Glacio Franca TKO’ed Sadibou Sy from top position in the third round of their bout.
Full results below.
PFL 2019, week 4 results
- Magomed Magomedkerimov def. Chris Curtis via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)
- Kayla Harrison def. Morgan Frier via submission (Americana) – 3:35, Round 1
- Joao Zeferino def. Bojan Velickovic via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- John Howard def. Ray Cooper III via TKO (punches) – 3:23, Round 1
- Glaico Franca def. Sadibou Sy via TKO (punches) 4:29, Round 3
- David Michaud def. Handesson Ferreira via TKO (punches) – 4:37, Round 1
- Larissa Pacheco def. Bobbi Jo Dalziel via submission (armbar) – 2:31, Round 1
- Genah Fabian def. Moriel Charneski via TKO (punches) – 1:42, Round 1
The tournament brackets in men’s welterweight and women’s lightweight are now decided as well. Promotional darling Harrison will face Genah Fabian in the semifinals and UFC and Invicta veteran Sarah Kaufman will face former UFC and TUF fighter Larissa Pacheco. As of now Harrison and Kaufman are the betting favourites to make it to the finals.
On the men’s welterweight side Magomedkerimov will rematch Curtis, strikers Sy and above mentioned Cooper will collide, and former UFC fighters Howard and Michaud square off.
- PROOF: Jorge Masvidal KO’d Ben Askren in LESS than 5 seconds
- Forbes list Conor McGregor as one of the world’s highest paid celebrities