Israel Adesanya and Yoel Romero get into crazy DANCE OFF at presser!
Press conferences ahead of UFC pay-per-views can have a somewhat tired feel at times. With both fighters and the media going through the traditional motions, there usually aren’t many surprises. That was not the case at the UFC 248 press conference, which saw champ Israel Adesanya and challenger Yoel Romero get into a dance off.
As Adesanya and Romero stood on stage, the former began a dance, that quickly became contagious for all on stage except UFC president Dana White.
— Jed I. Goodman (@jedigoodman) February 7, 2020
- Israel Adesanya boasts – Conor McGregor style: “I’m about to do the same”
- Jon Jones on Israel Adesanya: “I’m probably going to break his shoulder”
- Israel Adesanya goes on an epic rant – rips into “drug cheat” Jon Jones
- Darren Till calls out Yoel Romero: “Let’s go!”
- Yoel Romero claims he’s unbeaten in the UFC – Wants Israel Adesanya next
Adesanya captured the middleweight title via a second round KO over former champ Robert Whittaker. So far he is unbeaten in MMA with impressive victories over Derek Brunson and Anderson Silva amongst others. He has had a contentious relationship with light heavyweight champion Jon Jones. The two have feuded since Adesanya became champion, and a future super fight between them is quite possible.
While Brazilian Paolo Costa was at first the next in line to challenge Adesanya, he was forced to withdraw due to an injury. While he is coming off of two straight losses, both were via razor thin decisions, as with all his losses. A former Olympian wrestler with unmatched knockout power, Romero is a tough test for anyone in the middleweight division.