Georges St-Pierre returns to cut deal with the UFC
Former welter- and middleweight champion Georges St-Pierre is returning to the UFC, however the deal isn’t for another fight. The Canadian will be working cage side as a French language commentator. UFC president Dana White revealed the news in a recent interview.
“We just hired GSP. He’s the French commentator for us now. That’s more what I’d like to see GSP doing,” White told TSN.
OTHER MMA NEWS:
- Gina Carano breaks the internet – With now-deleted nude pictures!
- You won’t believe how these UFC stars looked when young!
- Mike Perry SLAMS “skinny, weak little f**k” Nate Diaz
- Nate Diaz fires shots at Conor McGregor: “What happened…”
- TRT Vitor Belfort back? See the UFC legend’s crazy transformation!
St-Pierre announced his retirement from MMA last year, punctuating a fantastic career as one of the best fighters to ever step into the cage. His last bout in the UFC was a successful title challenge to former middleweight champ Michael Bisping at UFC 217, where the Canadian won via third round submission. He left the UFC with a 13 fight winning streak behhind him, and a legacy of greatness that has been largely unmatched in the welterweight division.
“You don’t see too many athletes who go out on top,” White said. “GSP has done that, done it very well. He’s got the money, he doesn’t need the money. He’s working for us now in a different capacity, and I’d love to see him go out on top.”