Conor McGregor Responds to Floyd Mayweather Saying He’s Not Going to Fight in the UFC
Despite UFC president Dana White saying that talks were ongoing, Floyd Mayweather quickly shot down rumors that he was negotiating to potentially fight in the UFC on Wednesday.
Earlier in the day, White confirmed that he had at least preliminary talks with Mayweather’s camp about him fighting inside the Octagon but just a few hours later the 40-year old boxer refuted those claims.
“I never said I was going to fight in the UFC. I didn’t say that,” Mayweather ssaid. “I said if I wanted to and what I could do. I’m not going to do it though.”
Well, UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor didn’t take long to respond after he had taunted Mayweather in the lead up to their boxing match in August about what would happen if he ever tested the waters in mixed martial arts.
— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) December 21, 2017
Obviously, McGregor didn’t attached Mayweather’s name to his message on Twitter, but there’s no doubt who the Irishman was referencing with that post.
McGregor welcomed the idea of Mayweather fighting him in the UFC when they were promoting their bout back in August but it doesn’t appear he’ll ever get that chance.Bet on the biggest fight in the UFC history - UFC 229: Conor vs Khabib. Visit Ohmbet.com for the best UFC odds and receive €200 bonus to get started!