Ali Abdelaziz BANNED from PFL events following battery
The PFL have formally instructed controversial MMA manager Ali Abdelaziz not to attend future events. This understanding is to be upheld until a resolution is reached regarding the case of battery against rival manager Abe Kawa at an earlier PFL event.
Abdelaziz is the CEO of Dominance MMA, one of the sports biggest management groups. UFC Champions Khabib Nurmagomedov, Kamaru Usman and Henry Cejudo are just some of the high-profile MMA fighters under Dominance MMA.
The incident occurred at last weeks PFL event, October 11th. According to police reports, Abdelaziz struck Kawa with “a closed fist”. Kawa claims that he was assaulted “for no reason”. Abe and his brother Malki Kawa run First Round Management, who represent Jorge Masvidal, Anthony Pettis and Jon Jones amongst others. Now the PFL have decided that Abdelziz wont be attending other shows until the matter is resolved.
- Video: See Conor McGregor arrive at court for pub assault charge
- Colby Covington rips LA Dodgers: “You wont ever have to…”
- “Rumble” Johnson interested in “title” fight against Francis Ngannou
“At league direction, Ali Abdelaziz will not be attending upcoming postseason events,” the PFL told ESPN in a released statement. “Given the fact this is a legal matter, the league has no further comment at this time.”
Abdelaziz told ESPN that he plans on following the ban, and that he wants his athletes to come first.
“I spoke to PFL executives earlier this week and I don’t want this story to be about me,” Abdelaziz told ESPN. “The focus should be on my athletes in the PFL. I have 10 athletes fighting on Thursday and we made sure everybody made weight and has everything they need. I continue to support my athletes.”