Israel Adesanya takes aim at “rat lip” Khamzat Chimaev
While the MMA community seems caught up in the Khamzat Chimaev craze, middleweight champion Israel Adesanya doesn’t seem quite as interested.
Chimaev lined up his third straight win in the UFC this weekend, knocking out Gerald Meerschaert just 17 seconds into the first round. He has now finished three opponents in the UFC in the span of just 66 days, while absorbing just two total strikes in all three fights.
Following his latest win, Chimaev expressed a desire to be a two division champion at both welterweight and middleweight.
“Of course! Why not?” Khamzat Chimaev said when asked about fighting Kamaru Usman and Israel Adesanya. “I did hard work for that. I’m ready. Both divisions.
“If I do my hard work, nobody’s a challenge for me,” he also said. “I’m going to stop both guys.”
RELATED MMA NEWS
- Video: See rising star Khamzat Chimaev receive his BJJ blue belt!
- Khamzat Chimaev vs Kamaru Usman? UFC boss says “Maybe”
- Khamzat Chimaev claims he flew to Ireland to “beat up” Conor McGregor
- Dillon Danis throws shade at Khamzat Chimaev – Backfires spectacularly
- Khamzat Chimaev continues to troll Conor McGregor: “Call your uncle Dana”
- Khamzat Chimaev on fight with”Cowboy” Cerrone: “Easy fight, easy win”
In a recent interview with Yahoo Sports, Adesanya said he wasn’t impressed with Chimaev – Who the champion says he hasn’t even seen compete.
“I don’t even know the guy, I haven’t seen his fights yet,” Adesanya said. “I saw the presser and he was just talking s**t. He was just casting his net. Have you seen him fight? Rat lip? Meh …
“Tim said he fought low level competition,” Adesanya added. “So he thinks I’m an easy fight … that’s interesting. I mean, everyone does this when they’re coming up, casting the net wide. Yeah, keep casting.”