[Video] Coach Nicksick Says Uriah Hall ‘Didn’t Really Have A Pulse’ During ‘Traumatic’ Weight Cut In January

Uriah Hall's coach Eric Nicksick goes into detail on the horrific weight cutting experience he went through in January.

Uriah Hall will return to the UFC Octagon in April at UFC Atlantic City, but just 6 weeks ago, the UFC middleweight went through the scary experience of being hospitalized following a bad weight cut.

The Xtreme Couture fighter was expected to take on Vitor Belfort in the co-main event of UFC St. Louis, but just one hour before he was scheduled to hit the scales, Hall was collapsed in an elevator and was rushed to hospital.

Speaking to MMANytt.com earlier this week, Hall’s coach Eric Nicksick, Gym Manager of Xtreme Couture, explained what happened from his perspective.

“We had 1-pound to go with an hour left and we had no problems,” Nicksick said. “He cut the weight and I said ‘don’t even worry about stepping on the scale, we’re going to walk down and we’re going to be on weight.’

“So we got him out of the tub, dried him off, gave him a minute and we had plenty of time to go. We got suited up and we were literally walking down the hallway, the elevator doors opened and he collapsed.”

It was this point that things started to get very scary for all involved.

“It was an awful situation to see,” Nicksick said. “He’s one of my best friends and we were kinda  sitting there thinking like, what if this is it? What happens if this guy doesn’t make it?

“He didn’t really have a pulse. When you felt for a pulse it was kind of thready. It was an awful situation and he wasn’t really responsive to anyone. The paramedics came and they dropped IVs in him. It was a traumatic experience to see.”

Thankfully, Hall was rushed to hospital and made a full recovery after being treated. Hall now fights again on April 14 and Nicksick admits himself that it’s a little surprising given how only a few weeks ago, Hall was effectively fighting for his life.

“I was surprised, I didn’t expect to be fighting so soon,” Nicksick admitted. “I really didn’t expect us to be fighting so soon.

“It looks like to me with all the medicals that came back that he’s going to be fine. I’ve literally never seen anything like that. I don’t know what happened. Hopefully it’s fixed so it won’t rear it’s head again, but I’m surprised we’re fighting again so soon. I’m glad we’re fighting though. It’s one of those things where it’s like let’s just get back on the horse and go.”

Watch the full interview:

▶️ Follow us on Youtube for the best & latest MMA content ▶️
ExclusiveLatest news

MMA Jim from ?? l Bylines @MMANyttcom @MirrorSport @IndySport @Metro_Sport | Chasing dreams and creating scenes l #MUFC ?