UFC Rio Rancho results: Jan Blachowicz KO’s Corey Anderson – Calls out Jon Jones!
The UFC returned to New Mexico lat night with UFC Rio Rancho, and now the full results are in as the dust has settled. The event may also have given us the next light heavyweight title contender.
A rematch between Corey Anderson and Jan Blachowicz capped off the event. The two first met in 2015, and while Poland’s Blachowicz won the first round, Anderson took over and won a decision. Their second bout wouldn’t go past the first round, however. The two fighters took their time, finding their distance and picking their shots. Blachowicz connected with a short overhand right in a striking exchange that dropped Anderson. A single hammer fist later and referee Herb Dean stopped the fight.
- Manny Pacquiao signs with Conor McGregor’s management
- Darren Till having issues ahead of UFC 248 – Reaches out to Donald Trump
- Khabib Nurmagomedov will only fight “scumbag” McGregor in the streets
Consequentially after such a result, Blachowicz aimed for the top – And a title fight with light heavyweight champ Jon Jones.
“I know I am one of the best,” Blachowicz said after the fight. “I proved that I am the next contender for a title shot.” Jones, who was in attendance, was impressed by Blachowicz and welcomed a bout with the Pole.
Unfortunately, the event was marred by controversy, as a staggering two bouts ended in disqualification. Brok Weaver and Diego Sanchez both won their fights after that Kazula Vargas and Michel Perreira respectively threw illegal knees to downed opponents. Additionally, Montana De La Rosa edged out Mara Romero Borella via decision, and Lando Vannata defeated Yancy Medeiros via points after three rounds. The Full results for UFC Rio Rancho can be found below.
UFC Rio Rancho full results
- Jan Blachowicz def. Corey Anderson via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 3:08
- Diego Sanchez def. Michel Pereira via disqualification (illegal knee) – Round 3, 3:09
- Montana De La Rosa def. Mara Romero Borella via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Brok Weaver def. Kazula Vargas via disqualification (illegal Knee) – Round 1, 4:02
- Ray Borg def. Rogerio Bontorin via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-25)
- Lando Vannata def. Yancy Medeiros via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Daniel Rodriguez def. Tim Means via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 2, 3:37
- John Dodson def. Nathaniel Wood via TKO (punches) – Round 3, 0:16
- Scott Holtzman def. Jim Miller via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Devin Clark def. Dequan Townsend via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-26, 30-26)
- Merab Dvalishvili def. Casey Kenney via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-25, 29-28)
- Macy Chiasson def. Shanna Young via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-26)
- Raulian Paiva def. Mark De La Rosa via knockout (punches) – Round 2, 4:42