Michel Pereira back for new UFC fight after fantastic debut KO!
Earlier this year the UFC’s welterweight division received an entertaining addition as Brazilian Michel Pereira (23-9) joined the ranks. He wasted little time in his UFC debut against English striker Danny Roberts, as Pereira won via knockout in less than two minutes into the first round. Now, Pereira is back for a new UFC fight, as the UFC have announced that Pereira will step in to face Sergey Khandozhko (27-5-1) at UFC on ESPN+ 16, slated for UFC Vancouver on September 14th.
- Cris Cyborg SLAMS Dana White & Joe Rogan: “You’re not a man”
- Corey Anderson calls out Johnny Walker for bout at MSG
- Convicted rapist Aleksander Emelianenko expected to sign with Bare Knuckle FC
Pereira has competed in several different weight classes and is known for his exciting and spectacular fighting style with many jumping and spinning techniques. The Brazilian not sits on a three fight winning streak, all victories by way of T/KO.
Russian Khandozhko entered the UFC on the back of two straight finishes. He was at first slated to face Bartosz Fabinski at UFC Stockholm this year, but the Pole was forced to pull out of the fight with an injury. Fabinski was replaced by a game Rostem Akman, who fought three gruelling rounds with Khandozhko. In the end the Russian came out on top via a judges decision.
UFC Vancouver fight card
- Lightweight: Donald Cerrone vs. Justin Gaethje
- Middleweight: Antonio Carlos Júnior vs. Uriah Hall
- Middleweight: David Branch vs. Andrew Sanchez
- Light heavyweight: Misha Cirkunov vs. Jimmy Crute
- Light heavyweight: Glover Teixeira vs. Nikita Krylov
- Heavyweight: Augusto Sakai vs. Marcin Tybura
- Heavyweight: Todd Duffee vs. Jeff Hughes
- Bantamweight: Cole Smith vs. Miles Johns
- Lightweight: Kyle Prepolec vs. Austin Hubbard
- Bantamweight: Louis Smolka vs. Ryan MacDonald
- Weltervikt: Michel Pereira vs. Sergey Khandozhko