Floyd Mayweather to rematch Manny Pacquiao in exhibition contest
In 2015, boxers Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao collided in the most anticipated boxing bout at the time. The match up pitted two of the consensus best boxers in in the world against each other. Now it seems Mayweather and Pacquiao will meet once again.
In a post on Mayweather’s Instagram, he announced the rematch, which will be an exhibition match taking place in Tokyo.
- Khabib Nurmagomedov Thinks A Fight With Mayweather Would Be ‘More Interesting’ Than With Ferguson
- Conor McGregor Unleashes Expletive Filled Response to Floyd Mayweather’s Next Fight
- Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor Officially Second Biggest Pay-Per-View All Time
- Floyd Mayweather: “The best MMA fighter in the world…” – NOT McGregor
“Money May, Money May, Money May all day. Betrnk.com. That’s my team in Tokyo, Japan. TMT Tokyo. And of course, I’m Floyd ‘Money’ Mayweather.’ What I’m working on right now is the Mayweather vs. Pacquiao exhibition right here in Tokyo, Japan. Stay tuned,” Floyd Mayweather said in the clip.
The date and venue for the exhibition rematch are not yet announced.
The first fight between Mayweather and Pacquiao was several years in the making. Their meeting took place at The MGM Grand Garden Arena on May second, 2015. Pacquiao pressed the action but was unable to inflict substantial damage to Mayweather, who evaded and counter struck effectively. In the end Mayweather won a clear-cut unanimous decision.
- Conor McGregor agrees to fight Irish boxing champion
- Manny Pacquiao denies Floyd Mayweather exhibition rematch, wants “real fight”
Since then Mayweather has gone on to defeat Andre Berto and later Conor McGregor. Pacquiao has amassed a 5-1 record since facing Mayweather. As of now he holds a three fight winning streak, including a win over Adrien Broner.
Who wins the exhibition rematch: Mayweather or Pacquiao?