DWTNCS 18 results: Two UFC contracts awarded – despite no finishes
This weeks Dana White’s Tuesday Night Contender Series is in the books, and in stark contrast to many of the previous events – all the fights went the distance.
In the featured bout former pro boxer Tony Johnson faced Alton Cunningham, and couldn’t get his standing offence going as the latter used clinch work to neutralise the striking. Johnson still came out on top, but did so with a clean sweep of 29-28 scores from the judges as opposed to a T/KO.
Those who were awarded contracts were bantamweight Miles Johns and welterweight Miguel Baeza. Johns defeated Richie Santiago, winning every round and scoring a 10-8 round from one of the judges. Despite opponent Victor Reyna missing weight, Baeza had no qualms winning two out of three rounds, and thereby scoring a UFC contract.
Full results below.
- Light heavyweight: Tony Johnson def. Alton Cunningham via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Featherweight: Justin Gonzales def. Zach Zane via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-26)
- Middleweight: Kyle Daukaus def. Michael Lombardo via unanimous decision (30-25, 30-26, 29-27)
- Bantamweight: Miles Johns def. Richie Santiago via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)
- Catchweight: Miguel Baeza def. Victor Reyna via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)