BREAKING! Charles Oliveira fails to make weight & stripped from the UFC title
In 24 hours, it’s finally time for UFC 274 to kick off. This weekend’s event offers a long list of top match-ups, including two title fights.
However, the lightweight champion Oliveira is stripped of the title after missing weight earlier this morning, which means that only the opponent Justin Gaethje has the opportunity to win the belt at the event!
See video below – this is terrible and unfortunate situation.
UFC 274: Weigh-in results
- Charles Oliveira (155.5) vs. Justin Gaethje (155) – Oliveira missed weight with .5 lbs
- Rose Namajunas (115) vs. Carla Esparza (115)
- Michael Chandler (156) vs. Tony Ferguson (155.5)
- Mauricio Rua (205.5) vs. Ovince Saint Preux (205)
- Donald Cerrone (155.5) vs. Joe Lauzon (155.5)
- Andre Fialho (170.5) vs. Cameron VanCamp (170)
- Randy Brown (170.5) vs. Khaos Williams (170.5)
- Macy Chiasson (145.5) vs. Norma Dumont (146.5) – Dumont missed weight with .5 lbs, penalized 30% from purse
- Brandon Royval (125.5) vs. Matt Schnell (125.5)
- Blagoy Ivanov (253.5) vs. Marcos Rogerio de Lima (258.5)
- Danny Roberts (170.5) vs. Francisco Trinaldo (170.5)
- Tracy Cortez (125.5) vs. Melissa Gatto (125)
- Kleydson Rodrigues (125.5) vs. CJ Vergara (126)
- Ariane Carnelossi (115.5) vs. Loopy Godinez (115)
- Fernie Garcia (135.5) vs. Journey Newson (135.5)