Bellator Tokyo: Fedor Emelianenko KO’s “Rampage” Jackson – Refutes Retirement Rumours
Bellator 237 just ended in Tokyo, Japan, and now the full results are in. The event saw a meeting between the Bellator and Rizin promotions, as their fighters faced off against each other in many of the bouts. The main event saw heavyweights Fedor Emelinaneko and Quinton “Rampage” Jackson square off in a bout between fighters who are legends in Japan. Former Bellator champ Michael Chandler also faced late replacement Sidney Outlaw in the co-main event, and British sensation Michael “Venom” Page squared off against hometown hero Shinsho Anzai.
- “Rampage” Jackson wants to box: “Anybody but Deontay Wilder!”
- Mirko Cro Cop on Rematch with Fedor Emelianenko: ‘I Don’t Think That Fight Will Ever Happen’
It would be a triumphant return to Japan for Emelianenko, who used quick combinations to finish Jackson in the first round via TKO. All of the Russian’s Bellator victories have come via T/KO.After the fight he said via his interpreter that this most likely was his last MMA fight, yet later on he refutes the retirement rumours.
UPDATE: This may have been a translation mistake, or Emelianenko backtracking on his claims. He clarified afterwards that this would be his last fight in Japan, but that he plans two more fights before calling it quits.
View this post on Instagram
Here's the finish from the Bellator 237 main event^^ Full story on mmanytt.com! . . . #mma #ufc #mmanytt #mmanyttcom #kickboxing #bjj #boxing #wrestling #bellator #bellatorjapan #rizin #bellatorvsrizin #fedor #fedoremelianenkoofficial #fedoremilianenko #rampagejackson #quintonrampagejackson #legacy
Former lightweight champion Chandler returned to the win column with an impressive first round knockout over Outlaw. Chandler opened up with several hard shots to the body, then followed up with a right hand that dropped his opponent. Page returned to form, bulldozing Anzai and eventually taking home a finish in the opening of the second round.
Bellator 237 results:
MAIN CARD (Paramount, DAZN, 10 p.m. ET)
- Fedor Emelianenko def. Quinton Jackson via TKO (punch) – Round 1, 2:44
- Michael Chandler def. Sidney Outlaw via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 2:59
- Michael Page def. Shinsho Anzai via knockout (punch) – Round 2, 0:23
- Lorenz Larkin def. Keita Nakamura via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-26, 30-26)
- Kana Watanabe def. Ilara Joanne via TKO (punches) – Round 3, 4:39
- Goiti Yamauchi def. Daron Cruickshank via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 3:11
Place your next MMA bet with Ohmbet - No.1 MMA Sportsbook in the world.