Bellator 238: Cris Cyborg stops Julia Budd – wins historic fourth title!
Cris “Cyborg” Justinho made her Bellator MMA debut last night, and it was a historic night for the Brazilian. She debuted directly fighting for the title against the promotions reigning queen Canadian Julia Budd. It was a tough fight, though “Cyborg” was slowly breaking down Budd, eventually finishing her wit ha devastating flurry of strikes in the fourth round. By doing so “Cyborg” won the Bellator featherweight title, her fourth championship belt after winning titles in Strikeforce, Invicta and the UFC.
- “Cowboy” Cerrone gets lengthy suspension following loss to McGregor
- Conor McGregor praises Donald Trump – Gets ROASTED on Twitter!
- Team Khabib talk special rules bout with Floyd Mayweather
Featherweights Darrion Caldwell and Adam Borics collided in the co-main event, which was also a quarterfinal bout in the ongoing grand prix. The former Bellator champ Caldwell secured a first round submission victory to advance in the tournament and also thereby lined up his second straight win.
Juan Archuleta also defeated Henry Corrales via unanimous decision, Sergio Pettis made a triumphant debut for Bellator, submitting Alfred Khashakyan in the first round, and Raymond Daniels scored yet another T/KO win, finishing Jason King. The full results for Bellator 238 can be found below.
Bellator 238 results
- Cris Cyborg def. Julia Budd via TKO (strikes) — Round 4, 1:14 (women’s featherweight title bout)
- Darrion Caldwell def. Adam Borics via submission (rear-naked choke — Round 1, 2:20 (featherweight grand prix quarterfinal bout)
- Juan Archuleta def. Henry Corrales via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28. 29-28)
- Sergio Pettis def. Alfred Khashakyan via submission (guillotine choke) — Round 1, 3:00
- Raymond Daniels def. Jason King via TKO — Round 1, 3:07
- Emilee King def. Ava Knight via submission (rear-naked choke) — Round 1, 2:18
- Brandon Bender def. Joshua Jones via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 29-27)
- Aaron Pico def. Daniel Carey via KO (punch) — Round 2, 0:15
- AJ Agazarm def. Adel Altamimi via submission (triangle choke) — Round 3, 1:22
- Mario Navarro vs. Jay Jay Wilson def. Navarro via submission (armbar) — Round 1, 2:48
- Curtis Millender def. Moses Murrietta via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-26, 30-26)
- Chris Avila def. Anthony Taylor via majority decision (28-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Miguel Jacob def. David Pacheco via unanimous decision (30-27. 30-26, 30-27)