UFC Vegas 55: Holm vs Vieira – Complete Results and Highlights
UFC Vegas 55: Holm vs Vieira belongs to the history books and of course you will find all the results here on MMAnytt.com!
In the main event, we saw the former UFC champion Holly Holm return to the octagon after being away from the competition since October 2020. 40-year-old Holm had two straight victories in the bag when she took on Ketlen Vieira who was looking for her second straight win against a former UFC champion. Vieira had defeated Miesha Tate by verdict in November last year.
The main event became an even fight where both fighters had their moments. Holm remained more active but did not manage to harm Vieira significantly despite the fact that she controlled her against the cage and landed more blows than the Brazilian. In the second round, Vieira was very close to finish the fight, but it was finally the judges who got to decide the decision. They gave the win to Vieira via a split decision, a verdict that Holm did not agree with.
In the co-main event, we got to see the fan favorite Michel Pereira take on 14th ranked Santiago Ponzinibbio in an exciting three-round bout. Pereira pulled away in the first round and looked very comfortable and sharp against the UFC veteran. However, Ponzinibbio managed to turn the fight around in the second round and both fought bravely in the third and decisive final round. Here too we saw the judges decide the winner and they gave the win to Pereira who now has five straight wins and will most likely enter the top of the welterweight division next!
Ponzinibbio has now lost three of his last four fights and is in a tough situation in his career. However, both fighters received a Fight of the Night bonus of $50,000.
Here are some of MMAnytt’s personal highlights:
- Chidi Njokuani defeated Dusko Todorovic with a brutal elbow at the end of the first round!
- Chase Hooper returned to the winning column with another TKO win!
- Uros Medic pushed forward and landed some spotless punches on Omar Morales where the referee finally intervened!
- The prelims then delivered five out of six fights ended via TKO or submission!
Check out complete results from this weekend’s UFC Vegas 55: Holm vs Vieira below!
UFC Vegas 55: Holm vs Vieira – results
- Ketlen Vieira def. Holly Holm via split decision (47–48, 48–47, 48–47)
- Michel Pereira def. Santiago Ponzinibbio via split decision (28–29, 30–27, 29–28)
- Chidi Njokuani def. Dusko Todorovic via KO (elbow) – Round 1, 4:48
- Tabatha Ricci def. Polyana Viana decision (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)
- Jun Yong Park def. Eryk Anders via split decision (28–29, 29–28, 29–28)
- Joseph Holmes def. Alen Amedovski via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 1:04
- Jailton Almeida def. Parker Porter via submission (rear-naked choke) – Ruond 1, 4:35
- Uros Medic def. Omar Morales via TKO – Round 2, 3:05
- Jonathan Martinez def. Vince Morales via decision (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)
- Chase Hooper def. Felipe Colares via TKO – Round 3, 3:00
- Sam Hughes def. Elise Reed via TKO – Round 3, 3:52