UFC on ESPN 5 results: Colby Covington cruises past Robbie Lawler
UFC on ESPN 5 is now in the books and several story lines have emerged following the big event now that the results are in. In the main event Colby Covington put on a dominating performance over former champion Robbie Lawler, winning every single round with his suffocating top game and grappling. In the end Lawler simply couldn’t withstand Covington’s pace and pressure, and the latter won a clear-cut unanimous decision.
Long-time veteran Jim Miller secured a quick finish over fellow division staple Clay Guida, winning via technical submission in less than a minute. Promising prospect Nasrat Haqparast, student of TriStar Gym, lined up his third straight win following his TKO over Joaquim Silva, and Gerald Meerschaert finished Trevin Giles via third round submission.
Full results for UFC on ESPN 5 can be seen below.
- Colby Covington def. Robbie Lawler via unanimous decision (50-44, 50-45, 50-45)
- Jim Miller def. Clay Guida via technical submission (guillotine choke) – Round 1, 0:58
- Nasrat Haqparast def. Joaquim Silva via knockout (punches) – Round 2, 0:36
- Gerald Meerschaert def. Trevin Giles via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 3, 1:49
- Scott Holtzman def. Dong Hyun Ma via TKO (doctor’s stoppage) – Round 2, 5:00
- Kennedy Nzechukwu def. Darko Stosic via unanimous decision (29-26, 29-26, 28-27)
- Mickey Gall def. Salim Touahri via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Antonina Shevchenko def. Lucie Pudilova via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 1:20
- Matt Schnell def. Jordan Espinosa via submission (triangle choke) – Round 1, 1:23
- Lauren Murphy def. Mara Romero Borella via TKO (strikes) – Round 3, 1:46
- Claudio Silva def. Cole Williams via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 2:35
- Miranda Granger def. Hannah Goldy via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)