UFC Busan results: Chan Sung Jung BRUTALLY KO’s Frankie Edgar
The UFC returned to South Korea with UFC Busan, pitting hometown hero “The Korean Zombie” Chan Sun Jung against former lightweight champ Frankie Edgar in a featherweight contest. Jung entered the bout on the heels of a first round knockout over Brazilian contender Renato Moicano. Edgar, who has faced many of the best in the lower weight classes, most recently fought for the featherweight title. Facing off against Max Holloway at UFC 240, Edgar ended up losing via unanimous decision, in his third failed bid to capture a title at featherweight.
The co-main event saw European light heavyweight sluggers Volkan Oezdemir and Aleksandar Rakic against one another, in a high-stakes bout that would catapult the winner into the divisions elite.
Now the event has come to an end, and the full results for UFC Busan are in.
The crowd in attendance at Sajik Arena were given something to cheer for as “The Korean Zombie” finished Frankie Edgar brutally via first round TKO. This marks just the second time in his career that Edgar has been finished via strikes. Oezdemir and Rakic battled it out for three full rounds, with the former eventually winning via a close split decision.
UFC Busan results
- Chan Sung Jung def. Frankie Edgar by TKO at 3:18, R1
- Volkan Oezdemir def. Aleksandar Rakic by split decision
- Charles Jourdain def. Doo Ho Choi by TKO (punches) at 4:32, R2
- Da Un Jung def. Mike Rodriguez by knockout (punches) at 1:04, R1
- Jun Yong Park def. Marc-André Barriault by unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Kyung Ho Kang def. Liu Pingyuan by split decision (28-29, 29-28, 30-27)
- Ciryl Gane def. Tanner Boser by unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-26)
- Seung Woo Choi def. Suman Mokhtarian by unanimous decision (29-26, 29-26, 29-25)
- Omar Morales def. Dong Hyun Ma by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-26, 29-28)
- Alexandre Pantoja def. Matt Schnell by knockout (punches) at 4:17, R1
- Raoni Barcelos def. Said Nurmagomedov by unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Amanda Lemos def. Miranda Granger by technical submission (rear-naked choke) at 3:43, R1
- Heili Alateng def. Ryan Benoit by Decision (split) (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)