UFC 300 Kickstarts with Former Champions Clash!
The much-anticipated UFC 300 is set to light up the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, on April 13. While the main event remains shrouded in mystery, UFC President Dana White recently unveiled that former champions Cody Garbrandt and Deiveson Figueiredo will open the night’s festivities. Garbrandt enters the octagon riding a two-fight winning streak, including a knockout victory over UFC veteran Brian Kelleher last year. On the other side, Figueiredo, after losing his flyweight title to Brandon Moreno at UFC 283, announced his move up to bantamweight, where he defeated top-ranked Rob Font.
Scheduled Fights for UFC 300:
- BMF Title Fight: Justin Gaethje vs. Max Holloway
- Strawweight Title Fight: Zhang Weili vs. Yan Xiaonan
- Charles Oliveira vs. Arman Tsarukyan
- Kayla Harrison vs. Holly Holm
- Jiri Prochazka vs. Aleksandar Rakic
- Calvin Kattar vs. Aljamain Sterling
- Featherweight: Diego Lopes vs. Sodiq Yusuff
- Bobby Green vs. Jim Miller
- Cody Brundage vs. Bo Nickal
- Deiveson Figueiredo vs. Cody Garbrandt
Dana White on the opening match: “Former champions Cody Garbrandt and Deiveson Figueiredo will kick off UFC 300.”