UFC 270: DEIVESON FIGUEIREDO WINS BACK THE BELT – DEFEATS MORENO!
Deiveson Figueiredo is crowned again the UFC champion in flyweight after defeating Brandon Moreno in the co-main event at UFC 270.
This is the third time that Figueiredo and Moreno clashed together after their first match ended in a draw and Moreno won the second fight via submission. This time, it was once again very close between the two flyweights.
Moreno seemed to be more confident than ever as he pushed the pace from the start. The Mexican champion landed many good shots but Figueiredo countered attacked with several hard leg & calf kicks. It took couple kicks until Moreno started defending himself against the calf kicks as he focused mostly on an offensive strategy.
However, Moreno was hit several times and went down in the third round. In the fourth and fifth round, you could also see how the leg kicks from Figueiredo also affected Moreno’s mobility.
Before the fifth and final round, many believed that Moreno and Figueiredo had won two rounds each. Despite the fact that Moreno got a takedown early, Figueiredo came to press and lowered Moreno again. In the closing seconds, both let go and fired several crazy stroke combinations to put the finishing touches on the title match.
All three judges gave the win to Figueiredo with the score cards read 48-47. Now it remains to be seen if the UFC chooses to book a fourth straight fight or if someone else will get the chance in the division.
UFC 270 Results
- Francis Ngannou def. Ciryl Gane via decision
- Deiveson Figueiredo def. Brandon Moreno via decision
- Michel Pereira def. Andre Fialho via decision
- Said Nurmagomedov def. Cody Stamann via submission
- Michael Morales def. Trevin Giles via TKO
- Victor Henry def. Raoni Barcelos via decision
- Jack Della Maddalena def. Pete Rodriguez via TKO
- Tony Gravely def. Saimon Oliveira via decision
- Matt Frevola def. Genaro Valdez via TKO
- Vanessa Demopoulos def. Silvana G. Juarez via submission (armbar)
- Jasmine Jasudavicius def. Kay Hansen via decision.