UFC 249 loses co-main event as Rose Namajunas withdraws
UFC 249 continues to experience issues as the co-main event rematch between Rose Namajunas and Jessica Andrade is now off.
Brazilian outlet Combate were first to report the news. The precise reason as to why Namajunas has withdrawn from the contest is unknown, though there are a multitude of reasons. These hectic times could have caused a number of issues, if not health issues for Namajunas herself, then the psychological effects of the ongoing pandemic could also easily affect a person. Either way several sources have now reported that Namajunas is out of the bout.
OTHER NEWS STORIES
- Report: UFC 249 to go down on Californian tribal land
- New arrest video shows Jon Jones with gun, liquor & cannabis in car
- Dana White defends Khabib Nurmagomedov after UFC 249 critique
The fight was a rematch from their May 2019 contest in which Andrade knocked Namajunas out via a vicious slam. Namajunas hasn’t competed since the brutal KO loss. Andrade would go on to lose her first title defence via TKO against current reigning champion Zhang Weili.
The UFC have not yet commented on the withdrawal. UFC 249 takes place at the Tachi Palace Casino Resort in Lemoore, California on April 18th.
UFC 249 fight card
- Tony Ferguson vs. Justin Gaethje – for interim lightweight title
- Jessica Andrade vs. opponent TBA
- Yorgan De Castro vs. Greg Hardy
- Vicente Luque vs. Niko Price
- Calvin Kattar vs. Jeremy Stephens
- Francis Ngannou vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik
- Uriah Hall vs. Ronaldo Souza
- Alexander Hernandez vs. Omar Morales
- Ray Borg vs. Marlon Vera
- Michael Johnson vs. Khama Worthy
- Sijara Eubanks vs. Sarah Moras
- Sam Alvey vs. Ryan Spann