Mike Perry slated for co-main event spot in Uruguay
The UFC’s debut in Uruguay on August 14th is shaping up nicely.
The Twitter account MMA Uncensored recently announced a claim that Mike Perry (13-4) will be facing Vicente Luque (16-6-1) in the co-main event at UFC Montevideo. MMA Junkie could then confirm the claim via sources close to the situation, meaning that the UFC’s debut in Uruguay now has main and co-main events!
TUF finalist Luque has taken the UFC by storm, winning nine out of his eleven fights in the organisation, and has only lost once, a decision to Leon Edwards, since his debut. As of now he is enjoying a five fight winning streak with all finishes. The Brazilian has knocked out Chad Laprise and Bryan Baraberena amongst others in his ongoing streak.
Fan favourite Perry won four out of his five first fights in the UFC via T/KO, but then entered a tough skid where he lost three out of four fights, to top names like Santiago Ponzinibbio and Donald Cerrone. He has though since bounced back with a “Fight of the Night”-winning decision victory over Alex Oliveira, and now has wins in two out of his last three.
UFC MOntevideo takes place in the Uruguayan capital on August 14th, the fight card is below.
- Valentina Shevchenko vs. Liz Carmouche
- Vicente Luque vs. Mike Perry
- Taila Santos vs. Ashlee Evans-Smith
- Rogerio Bontorin vs. Raulian Paiva
- Enrique Barzola vs. Bobby Moffett
- Marina Rodriguez vs. Tecia Torres
- Cyril Gane vs. Raphael Pessoa
- Veronica Macedo vs. Rachael Ostovich
- Geraldo de Freitas vs. Chris Gutierrez
- Aleksei Kunchenko vs. Laureano Staropoli