Masvidal Responds to Edwards: “Shut Up – Fight Me in March!”
Despite being forced to withdraw from the grudge match against Leon Edwards, Jorge Masvidal is still interested to fight the British UFC fighter Edwards. The pair were booked for the big event at UFC 269 on December 11th in Las Vegas at the T-Mobile arena, but Masvidal was forced to withdraw from the bout due to an injury – something himself says has never happened before.
On “The MMA Hour“, Masvidal explained the situation, and also stated that he still wants to fight Edwards.
– It was a (bad) injury that occurred, Masvidal began. I do not think I ever signed a contract and then withdrew (from the fight). During all my time in the UFC, this is the first time. I do not want to discuss the injury itself, but I did not get (receive strikes – punches) in five or six weeks. I never discuss my injuries online. Why should I do that?
– I asked the UFC to postpone (the fight), Masvidal said. It’s up to Leon [Edwards] and based on his reaction he does not want to wait. I’m not blaming him. He has the opportunity to fight for a title, or wait another two months for me. I do not know what he wants to do, and I do not care. All I know is that if he wants to go in February or March, we can go. If he does not want to wait, we move on to the next (thing).
- DUSTIN POIRIER ABOUT WHO IS THE BEST BOXER IN THE UFC – THE CHAMPION RESPONDS
- KHAMZAT CHIMAEV GETS TOP RANKED FIGHTER – BUT NOT THIS YEAR
- MIKE TYSON SHOWS SCARY POWER PUNCHES – RUMOURED TO FIGHT LOGAN PAUL
Edwards rips Masvidal – after the bout was cancelled!
After “Rocky” Edwards was told that Masvidal would not appear at UFC 269, he chose to blast Masvidal on social media!
– I’m disappointed, but honestly I knew this scammer did not want to fight me anyway, Edwards wrote about Masvidal. He was just a stop on the way to the title. The goal remains the same. I’m taking much needed family time now. [Kamaru Usman,] see you soon.
Masvidal didn’t take the comment lightly, and gave a direct answer to Ariel Helwani “The MMA Hour” – the athlete says he does not back down for anyone!
– There is not a man that God has created that I will not fight when I am ready to fight, Masvidal said.
– Only (fight me) in March, Masvidal continued. Shut up, wait for me and fight in March. It’s not that hard. I have the story on my side. I have always managed the weight, never pulled out of fight after signing a contract. This is the first time I have two straight losses on my neck. Just need to make sure I’m healthy and well, to (be able to) give hell.
Will Masvidal take on Edwards in March – or will it be the title bout for “Rocky”?
UFC Betting tips ahead Vegas 43: Vieira vs. Tate
This weekend it’s time again for another UFC event at the Apex. In the main event, we will see the former bantamweight champion Miesha “Cupcake” Tate take on top ranked Ketlen Vieira.
“Cupcake” Tate recently made her comeback after being away from the sport for a long time. Earlier this year she made her comeback and showed that she still has what it takes to compete against the best. Now she has the chance to take on a top 10 ten bantamweight opponent.
Take the opportunity to make the event interesting by placing a bet on Tate if you think she will continue the triumphant march since her comeback.
At MMAnytt’s partners Betsafe and Bethard you will find the odds for UFC Vegas 43!
The UFC odds for the main event when this article was published is:
Ketlen Vieira: 1.80
Miesha Tate: 2.05