Joanna Jedrzejczyk Says Fighters Who Said She Used Her Weight Cut As An Excuse Should Feel ‘Ashamed’
Joanna Jedrzejczyk will look to reclaim her UFC women’s strawweight title on Saturday when she faces Rose Namajunas on April 7 at UFC 223.
The Polish fighter lost her belt last November when she suffered the first loss of her career at Madison Square Garden. In several interviews after the bout, Jedrzejczyk pointed blame a her nutritionists who left her with nearly 15-pounds to cut just 24-hours out from the fight.
Several fighters spoke out saying that Jedrzejczyk was simply making excuses, but speaking to MMANytt.com last week, Jedrzejczyk said she wouldn’t wish even they go through the same experience that she had to the night before her fight.
“Big shame on all of the fighters that said the weight cut was an excuse,” Jedrzejczyk said.
“I know people who fans, they can say that because they don’t know anything about the weight cut, but man, sometimes I know people who can’t even drop one kilo in a week, but I had to drop 15-pounds.
“I don’t want to talk about this anymore, but it’s a shame that some fighters said it was an excuse.
“Guys, I don’t wish you go through the weight cut that I had to go through before the first fight with Rose Namajunas.”
With the rematch now set and her diet now advised by George Lockhart, Jedrzejczyk says she’s going to enter the Octagon in the best shape of her life on Saturday night to reclaim her title.
“I don’t care what people are saying, I know what I’m doing right and I’m taking care of everything. There’s not going to be any single mistake made before the fight.
“That’s the thing, I’m Polish you know, Polish women can do everything.
“I like to cook and I like to prepare my meals. I’m preparing all my meals and since the last two or three weeks I’ve been working with a new nutritionist, but I don’t want to talk about that.
“Someone is helping me with that, but you know, for the first five or six weeks I was taking care of that. I dropped my weight to the very low limit and I’m excited about that.
“I’ve been in this business for 14 or 15 years, I’ve got lots of knowledge.
“There was loads of drama last camp and loads of things I didn’t need, but like I said, life is different right now.
“After the fight I said I would keep my eyes open and that I would expect more from myself and people around me.”
Watch the full interview:Bet on the biggest fight in the UFC history - UFC 229: Conor vs Khabib. Visit Ohmbet.com for the best UFC odds and receive €200 bonus to get started!