7 straight wins – Elizeu dos Santos booked for fight in China
Elizeu dos Santos hasn’t lost since his UFC debut and now he gets a tough test in Chinese standout Li Jingliang.
The UFC will return to China on August 31st with UFC on ESPN+ 15 in the city of Shenzhen. The worlds most populous country will get a UFC title fight for the first time as newly crowned strawweight champ Jessica Andrade puts her belt on the line versus rising local contender Weili Zhang. The promotion recently also announced another Brazilian-Chinese a match up between welterweights Elizeu dos Santos (21-5) and Li Jingliang (16-5).
Two hidden talents face off
Dos Santos hasn’t lost since his UFC debut where he came up on the wrong end of a split decision with Nicolas Dalby. Since then his resumé is spotless, with seven straight wins. In his ongoing win streak he’s defeated Max Griffin, as well as finished Sean Strickland and Curtis Millender amongst others.
Jingliang is one of Chinas hottest prospects, as he’s won six out of his last seven bouts, four of those wins via T/KO. As of now he has two straight wins, a decision victory over Daichi Abe and a TKO-win over David Zawada.
UFC Shenzhen: preliminary fight card
- Champ Jessica Andrade vs. Weili Zhang – for strawweight title
- Anthony Hernandez vs. Jun Yong Park
- Mark De La Rosa vs. Kai Kara-France
- Li Jingliang vs. Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos
- Tito Ortiz to make comeback against former WWE star
- Video: Pros react to Askren’s brutal KO loss, Jones’ close win
- Thiago Santos suffered serious knee injuries in bout with Jon Jones
- Ben Askren on trashing after KO loss: “I deserve it”