UFC Salaries Revealed: Prelim fighter gets more than former champion Dominick Cruz!
This weekend’s UFC San Diego ended up being an event full of impressive performances and now we also get a peek of how much the UFC athletes got paid. California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) is one of few commissions that still discloses fighter pay to the public and when taking a closer look at the sums, some of the UFC San Diego salaries definitely stand out!
Not surprisingly, we find the main event winner Marlon Vera at the top of the list. “Chito” Vera received $300,000 for his knockout win against the former UFC champion Dominick Cruz! Like most UFC athletes, Vera earns a salary for fighting (“show money”) which he doubles if he wins (“win bonus”. Besides taking home $150,000 + $150,000, “Chito” Vera also won a Performance of the Night bonus that gave him $50,000 extra! These four UFC athletes received a bonus check for their performances in San Diego.
UFC San Diego bonuses ($50,000)
- Fight of the Night: Nate Landwehr vs. David Onama
- Performance of the Night #1: Marlon Vera
- Performance of the Night #2: Tyson Nam
“The Dominator” Cruz had the highest show money on UFC San Diego, but was not able to double his pay check. He did not get any bonus, which left him at $175,000. This puts him third in the payout list as Angela Hill managed to defeat Lupita Godinez on the prelims, which doubled her $95,000 show money and landed her on a total of $190,000.
Take a closer look at the disclosed fighter pay from UFC San Diego below. Please note that these amounts do not include things like sponsor money, discretionary bonuses or any additional earnings.
- Paddy Pimblett reveals worrying weight gain since UFC London!
- Fighters clap back after Dana White’s comments on UFC pay: “They eat what they kill!”
- UFC President explains why he DOES NOT consider Khabib the greatest UFC fighter of all time!
UFC San Diego salaries
The disclosed payouts from UFC San Diego were acquired by MMA Junkie.
- Lukasz Brzeski: $10,000 for loss to Martin Buday
- Da’Mon Blackshear: $12,000 for draw vs. Youssef Zalal
- Charlie Ontiveros: $12,000 for loss to Gabriel Benitez
- Iasmin Lucindo: $12,000 for loss to Yazmin Jauregui
- Josh Quinlan: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus) for win over Jason Witt
- Jason Witt: $23,000 for loss to Josh Quinlan
- Martin Buday: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus) for win over Lukasz Brzeski
- Youssef Zalal: $24,000 for draw vs. Da’Mon Blackshear
- David Onama: $24,000 for loss to Nate Landwehr
- Azamat Murzakanov: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus) for win over Devin Clark
- Ode Osbourne: $28,000 for loss to Tyson Nam
- Bruno Silva: $40,000 for loss to Gerald Meerschaert
- Ariane Lipski: $40,000 for loss to Priscila Cachoeira
- Loopy Godinez: $45,000 for loss to Angela Hill
- Tyson Nam: $50,000 (includes $25,000 win bonus) for win over Ode Osbourne
- Yazmin Jauregui: $50,000 (includes $25,000 win bonus) for win over Iasmin Lucindo
- Nate Landwehr: $60,000 (includes $30,000 win bonus) for win over David Onama
- Cynthia Calvillo: $70,000 for loss to Nina Nunes
- Devin Clark: $75,000 for loss to Azamat Murzakanov
- Nina Nunes: $80,000 (includes $40,000 win bonus) for win over Cynthia Calvillo
- Priscila Cachoeira: $80,000 (includes $40,000 win bonus) for win over Ariane Lipski
- Gabriel Benitez: $100,000 (includes $50,000 win bonus) for win over Charlie Ontiveros
- Gerald Meerschaert: $140,000 (includes $70,000 win bonus) for win over Bruno Silva
- Dominick Cruz: $175,000 for loss to Marlon Vera
- Angela Hill: $190,000 (includes $95,000 win bonus) for win over Loopy Godinez
- Marlon Vera: $300,000 (includes $150,000) for win over Dominick Cruz