Conor McGregor Appears In Irish Court On Speeding Charge
Conor McGregor appeared in court earlier today in Ireland where he was fined £350 (€400) for a speeding offence committed earlier this year.
The UFC lightweight champion pleaded guilty to an offence that took place on March 31 on Naas Road in Dublin, Ireland where he was caught driving at 150km/h in a zone with a 100km/h speed limit.
McGregor, who turned up to the court appearance late in a BMW i8 worth £200,000, was said to have sent a notification of his speeding fine on April 5, but had failed to pay it.
Speaking today at the court in Blanchardstown, McGregor said that he thought he had paid the fine and was unaware that he hadn’t.
According to a report in the Journal.ie, Judge Miriam Walsh then asked McGregor how much he was paid. The UFC lightweight champion was said to have responded by saying “€140 million” whilst laughing.
Judge Walsh then informed McGregor that he had two months to pay the €400 fine and that he could even pay it in instalments should he wish.
McGregor then left the court with his lawyer and friend Charlie Ward by his side. As the Irishman drove away from the courts in his BMW i8, he seemingly responded to recent reports that he was life under threat from an Irish drug gangs by saying “Come get me.”
Conor McGregor @TheNotoriousMMA drives away from court, saying ‘Come and get me’ pic.twitter.com/ee41k2WYwK
— RTÉ News (@rtenews) November 30, 2017
Earlier in the day, Conor’s father, Tony McGregor, also responded to reports about the McGregor family being under threat by dismissing the rumours outright.
“That’s all nonsense, that is,” Tony McGregor told the Irish Mirror. “Absolute nonsense. It’s an absolute nonsense story.
“It’s grown legs and it’s getting that ridiculous – it’s become funny. We have nothing to fear here whatsoever. There’s no one after us for anything.
“We’re a law-abiding family and we’ve stayed a law-abiding family.”